Thursday, January 19, 2006

Gave Blood

Today we had our church blood drive, thanks to everyone who gave. Poor Pastor Eric, he was the first to take the seat in the blood withdrawal chair. I'm not sure if he got the bad seat or just has some seriously clogged up veins but it took him 30 min to fill his bad. I sat down 15 min after he started and was done in 6 min. Of course, he had to make the comment, "Thin blood, that must be why you have thinning hair." All in good fun of course.

As I sat there it really caused me to reflect on the power and life that there is in blood. With out it we die. There is a lady in our church who currently going through a difficult psychical challenge. For some reason her body is not producing blood. This caused her to pass out and almost lose her life this past week. As I visited her in the hospital she shared how they were going to probably need to give her 3 pints of blood because her body was so depleted. With out the blood transfusion she would most likely be facing difficult days. But thanks for the blood.

Thanks for the life giving blood of Jesus Christ! With out it we all would surely perish. If not for his shed blood upon the cross of Calvary there would be no hope. As Christ shed his blood on the cross he knew that someday, actually that very day it would be needed by another. He knew that you and I would be in need of that life giving blood. His blood is the blood that never looses it's power. It is just as powerful to heal and to save today as it was 2000 years ago.

If you have never given your life to the one who died and shed his blood for you, why not do it right now. Without the forgiveness of your sins by His blood, you, me, all are condemned to die and spend eternity in hell. Knowing your sins are forgiven and you are ready for heaven is as simple as the following steps:

A. Admit you have sinned.....

"For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" (Romans 3:23)
"If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us" (1 John 1:8).

B. Believe in Jesus.....

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life" (John 3:16).

C. Confess and leave your sin.....

"If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness" (1 John 1:9).

You might want to use the following prayer as a guide:

Lord Jesus, I acknowledge that I'm a sinner, and I'm sorry for my sin. Thank You for dying on the Cross for me. Please forgive me of my sin, and accept me as Your child. I desire to live for You, Jesus. Amen.

Maybe you can take the time this week or next to give blood as well.

No comments: