Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Pittsburgh's Goin to the Super Bowl

O the pain of living in the mid-west and being a Steeler fan. I am certainly missing the black and gold decor. At least I have my terrible towel, Steeler's cap, t-shirt, pennant, and peanut container to keep me going. How I have longed for the day of "One for the Thumb!" Will this be the year? If the last 6 weeks are any indication of how they will play in XL Game then I'm almost certain the Bus will be painted in real gold with headlights made of diamonds.

The trick for me will be able to get through our entire Sunday evening service and make it home without hearing any score of the game. I plan on tvoing it so I can watch the beginning and then be caught up to it probably about half time. That is, unless the Spirt of the Lord is moving in our service, and in that case I would definitely sacrifice seeing the game.

Today I got an unexpected gift from three of the girls in the youth group. They decided to decorate my tamborine. They covered it in sea blue and white ribbon and beads, and wrote on the ribbons, "Go Seatle, beat Pittsburg". I told them that they would have to seriously repent for the error of their ways. And that the tamborine is no longer useful. So I'm thinking about going out or trying to find a little steeler one for Sunday morning.

No comments: