Friday, October 27, 2006

Survival: To media or not to media?

I know more and more every day why I hate to watch and listen to the news. It is so depressing! Not only that, but it's election season and all I hear is attack ad after attack ad, and the media being biased. I like to think of myself as someone who is up to date on what is happening in the world but sometimes I wonder if it is even necessary.

I know we have an obligation and the wonderful freedom to vote in this country but sometimes (ok most of the time lately) I find that when I vote I'm just picking the lesser of the two evils. Neither the Republican or Democratic parties truly offer a candidate with my moral and Biblical values. So what's a Christian to do? I have my personal ideas but what do you think?

On a lighter note, Suzanne and I just enjoyed our favorite restaurant in St. Louis. De Palm Tree on Olive off of 170. It is Jamaican dining at it's best. Everything is made fresh when you order. None of this pre-cooked food. The jerk pork chops are the best, that is unless of course you like chicken, then the jerk chicken. Today we tried something new, they had a Friday buffet just 5 items (it's made fresh), curry chicken, black peppered white fish, beans & rice, cabbage, and salad. Unbelievable taste and quality as usual.

Cards are up 3-1 in the World Series. I won't tell you who I'm rooting for, but I can tell you this, it's the team with a former Pittsburgh Pirate on it. Enjoy the series and lets go Steelers! Because football is what really matters.

No comments: