Thursday, January 25, 2007

YUMMMY - SARRIS CANDY

Thanks to my wonderful mother in-law dessert was wonderful tonight! We received a nice litt care package from PA today, which included the finest chocolate in the world, Sarris Chocolate from Cannonsburg, PA. The delicious milk chocolate just melted in my mouth. Oh what I wouldn't do to be able to go to my local Shop-n-Save and pick up a few bars and a bag of their famous chocolate covered pretzels.

Since I am on the subject of food, I guess I will continue with foods I really miss from PA that can't be found in the midwest.
A-Treat Soda products. I really miss my Birch Beer and Red Cream Soda.
Shoo Fly Pie. There is just something about going to grammys house and having a slice of homemade pie. Not to mention her wonderful chocolate mayonnase cake with peanut butter icing. And how can I forget her Funny Cake and chocolate marshmallow delight.
Last night almost did me in. While watching the Food Network they went to Pittsburgh and showed the world the beautiful Primanti's sandwich. Fresh sliced bread, with your choice of meat, piled high with fries, topped with coleslaw and tomato.
Thinking of restaurants, my wife really misses Eat-n-Park. Their grilled chicken salad (with the fries allready on) and the smiley cookie.
TastyKakes. Peanut butter candy cakes (Double filled) and butterscotch krimpets (double iced).
Probably one of the biggest things I miss is Lebanon Bologna. I think Seltzer's makes the best but for me any will do just fine.
I cant leave out the best mustard dipping sauce, Herlocher's. And of course you have to buy it in the Penn State jar.
And, oh yeah, a real slice of pizza from Pastor Erics favorite Jake's Pizza Belle Vernon, not crackers with ketchup and cheese (st. louis style).

Well those are just a few of the flavors of PA that I miss. So if any one actually reads my blog and is wondering what to get me for Valentines, Fathers Day, Birthday, or Christmas I left you links where you can order it. Or if you live in PA you can just go to Giant Eagle, Sheetz, Sarris, Eat-n-Park or any place near lancaster and buy and ship it to me. I love you all. And hope that one day some of these items make there way to St. Louis.

http://www.papantry.com/Qstore.cgi

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We can get Herlocher's at our Kroger up this way. I'll bring some the next time we see y'all. You'll have to make your own Penn State wrapper though.